2 March 2023
The dataset was restructured to ensure the presentation of the data on this website was clearer and more accurate. The
end-date columns have been renamed as
entry-end-date. A new
mp-since column has been added, containing the date from which an MP has been continuously elected.
This website now uses both dates to present information about MPs.
Links have also been added to MPs official pages on the UK Parliament website.
The dataset was also updated to remove a duplicate record for former MP.
25 February 2023
The dataset was updated to include Ashley Dalton (Labour, West Lancashire).
18 October 2022
The dataset was updated to show a change of party affiliation for Conor Burns (Conservative, Bournemouth West). Following an allegation of serious misconduct, the whip was restored as the investigation “concluded Mr Burns has no case to answer over a complaint that was made against him in early October”.
11 October 2022
The dataset was updated to show a change of party affiliation for Conor Burns (Conservative, Bournemouth West). Following “a complaint of serious misconduct”, the Conservative Party whip was suspended and Conor Burns now sits as an independent MP.
8 September 2022
The dataset was updated to show a change of party affiliation for Nick Brown (Labour, Newcastle East). BBC News reports that Nick was “suspended from the Labour Party pending an investigation into a complaint” and would “sit as an independent until reinstated”.
7 September 2022
The dataset was updated to include Simon Lightwood (Labour, Wakefield).
8 May 2022
The UK Parliament website records that Imran Ahmad Khan (Wakefield) left the House of Commons on 3 May, following his resignation.
21 April 2022
The dataset was updated to include Imran Ahmad Khan (Wakefield). Imran Ahmad Khan was originally added to the dataset following the 2019 general election. His information was subsequently removed after it was reported that he was not actually gay. In his recent criminal trial, he confirmed he was, in fact, gay. His data was re-added to the dataset as a result.
30 March 2022
The dataset was updated to include Jamie Wallis (Conservative, Bridgend and Porthcawl).
31 January 2022
The dataset was updated to include multiple MPs from Parliaments prior to 2017.
The dataset was updated to add the declared identities of several MPs.
14 December 2021
The dataset was updated to include Scott Benton (Conservative, Blackpool South).
11 October 2021
The dataset was updated to include Olivia Blake (Labour, Sheffield Hallam).
10 October 2021
The dataset was updated to include Dehenna Davison (Conservative, Bishop Auckland) who came out as bisexual in an article in the Telegraph on 10 October 2021.
14 August 2021
A number of major changes were made to this website and the structure of the dataset
- The website design was updated to include a new visual identity, and to include photos for each member that forms part of the dataset.
- The structure of the dataset was changed to include additional data for each member, including:
- a new field to make explicit reference to the member’s LGBT+ identity, if that can be evidenced – these fields are not yet completed and will be added later
- unique id numbers to allow easy identification of members via the UK Parliament website
- URLs linking to member’s page on the UK Parliament website
- licensing information for a member’s photograph
- minor changes to the naming of various fields
- An additional record was added for Neale Hanvey to reflect that he changed his party from the Scottish National Party to the Alba Party
2 July 2021
The dataset was updated to include Kim Leadbeater, who was elected as the MP for Batley and Spen in a recent by-election.
Changes to the dataset prior to 2021 can be seen in the Github repository commit history.